The Remote for YouTube app for iPhone and iPad
is a YouTube Viewer designed for people without a YouTube login,
with capability of remote controlling playback on your MacOS computer.
[Skip to installation]
- Easy to navigate
- Visually uncluttered
- No advertising
- Large screen playback
- Organise videos without logging into YouTube
- Privacy matters
- Create custom folders (playlists) from channels, playlists, saved searches or individual video selection
- Quick-look rating and popularity bar (in lists)
- No YouTube login
- No advertising! (other than standard YouTube insertions)
- Watch later
- Watch locally or on a remote MacOS computer (requires free software installation)
- Share videos (FaceBook, Twitter, email, SMS, copy, etc)
- Show copied video URLs (paste URLs for viewing)
- Show related videos, or videos in channel
- Custom history size / delete from history
- Watched previously icon
- Remembers playback position for return-viewing
- Works in landscape and portrait
- Picture in picture viewing
- Redirects to YouTube website for restricted content
- Search for videos / playlists / channels (configurable)
- Search for specific publish date ranges (eg. last 30 days)
- Restrict search by video duration
- Restrict search by video resolution (eg. HD)
- Safe search options
- Local language only option
- Custom search-result order
Local playback options
- Play / pause, adjust playback slider (standard video controls)
- Step forwards and backwards by custom amounts (eg. 30 second steps)
- Transfer viewing to remote Mac
- Synchronise local and remote playback positions
Remote Control functionality of your Mac
- Play / Pause video
- Step forwards and backwards by custom amounts
- Shuffle forwards and backwards in time
- Zoom between windowed and full screen
- Change and mute volume
- Change playback speed
- Auto-synchronise local and remote playback positions
- Large buttons use force-touch to avoid accidental touches
- Optional password protection, to stop the kids taking over your computer
Please see the help page on the app for details on each button's operation. Most buttons have additional functions obtained by swiping in different directions.
- MacOS System software OS-X 10.9 or later installed
- An iPhone or iPad with the
Remote for YouTube software
- Installation of the free Jazz-Remote-Server software (see below)
Free companion software must be installed onto your MacOS computer:
Install the Remote for YouTube App onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Download the
package and open it on the Mac computer you wish to use for remote viewing.
The package installs the server software and a System Preference Panel to control the server.
From the Remote for YouTube App, go to the Network tab and select your computer.
Below is the history of the server software
- v1.0.0 First public release (EyeTV Remote only)
- v1.0.1 extends the program history (when available) and fixes a bug which caused the Preference Panel to sometimes crash when loading.
- v1.0.2 fixes an issue where the channel list shows as empty.
v1.0.4 fixes an issue where EyeTV would launch unexpectedly, with sound only.
The server version number is now displayed in the System Preferences Panel
v1.0.5 adds compatibility with the Volume Remote app.
v1.0.6 Fixed an issue where the server wasn't automatically started after installation.
Attempting to view a new channel while recording in EyeTV now opens a new device window if available.
v1.0.7 This release adds Remote for VLC support. No other changes in this release.
v1.1.0 This release adds Remote for YouTube support. No other changes in this release.
©2017-2018 Jazz Media Pty Ltd.
For support please email:
This project is not affiliated with YouTube or Google.